Cobra recently released photos and specs of its 2013 line. The development of the CX65 continues with a new top, a new 37mm fork and a new Pro Circuit pipe and silencer. The 65 still has a direct-acting electronic power valve design that is unlike anything else in the industry. The 50cc King gets suspension refinements and a new pipe. Here are some highlights from the press release:
Cobra CX65 Highlights
• Revolutionary MXT “Smart Leg” front fork – Cobra’s exclusive 37mm USD CARD fork is designed to be the finest fork in minicycle racing! The Smart architecture simultaneously provides supple action over small bumps, and progressive control through the biggest of hits…A feature especially important for minicycles that run on tracks torn up by bikes twice their size! This fork also features fully adjustable rebound and compression damping and bottoming control adjustment not found on any other fork of any size!
• Super strong front hub/axle combo to compliment the 37mm front fork includes hollow axle and full-clamp fork bottoms. Works equipment right off the showroom floor!
• Cobra’s direct-acting electronic power valve featuring a new cylinder for more power and torque.
• New Pro-Circuit pipe for improved top end power. New quieter silencer also adds to bottom-end torque delivery.
• CARD piggyback rear shock with adjustable rebound, adjustable high-speed compression, and adjustable low-speed compression - more features than most of the big bike shocks!
• Class-leading twin spar High-Strength Low-Alloy oval tube frame - super-strong, outstanding lateral strength with just the right amount of torsional rigidity.
• X-Track aluminium swingarm: Aerospace construction technology delivers lightweight and improved rear wheel tracking.
• Repositioned lower shock mount for improved tracking and cornering.
• Largest air box in its class featuring the largest filter surface area of any 65cc bike out there. The result: More power under the worst of conditions.
• CARD front brake system. Super adjustable for all sized hands, progressive feel for excellent control, and a tight package for minimal weight and excellent ground clearance.
• All-new CARD clutch master cylinder. Features the same level of fit and adjustability that the front brake does.
• Billet triple clamps with adjustable bar mounts.